I’m here to help you!
At the moment it is difficult to meet in person, so let’s connect online. I have created live Webinar training to help you increase your Domain-Driven Design and architecture skills. Stay safe and healthy!
I am a software developer and architect with more than 35 years of experience in a broad range of business domains. As a leading expert in Domain-Driven Design I champion simplicity. I consult and teach around Domain-Driven Design and reactive software development, helping teams and organizations realize the potential of business-driven and reactive systems as they transition from technology-driven legacy web implementation approaches. I am the founder of the open source (OSS) vlingo/platform, a set of DDD-friendly distributed computing tools that simplify concurrent, reactive, event-driven, and microservices architectures, supporting the JVM https://github.com/vlingo. The three books authored by me are: Implementing Domain-Driven Design, Reactive Messaging Patterns with the Actor Model, and Domain-Driven Design Distilled, all published by Addison-Wesley.
Go beyond the theory of Domain-Driven Design and see how teams can actually use DDD to accelerate their strategic initiatives in a way that helps them design for business competitive advantage with this three-day workshop. Emphasis is placed on software design in source code with agile knowledge acquisition and de-emphasizes throwing technology at strategic business software initiatives.
Microservices architecture is a clear trend. A trend is not hype, but it’s also not mainstream. You must not ignore the Microservices trend, but you must learn why this architecture is trending and how to successfully adopt it, or decide not to. This 3-day workshop steps you through the definitions and drivers to help you become oriented with this approach to distributed computing.
A two-day, intensive, design and programming workshop first builds your foundation with the Actor Model using vlingo/actors. This workshop then expands your understanding with advanced application and system design approaches, using Domain-Driven Design and microservices. A hands-on workshop with many practical exercises. Students are strongly encouraged to engage using the vlingo/platform components.
Systems today are far more likely to be distributed, especially due to the ever-increasing popularity of the cloud and microservices, and they’re also increasingly asynchronous and message- and event-driven, and thus reactive. In this 2-day course you will learn how to deal with these and other influencing conditions using domain-driven design.
This intensive, two-day, hands-on workshop teaches you Domain-Driven Design within an explicitly event-oriented microservices business domain. You will learn both strategic and tactical design. This workshop is specially designed for mid-level and senior software developers and architects who are interested in applying event-driven and microservices architectures using DDD.
Thorough and exhaustive, this one-day, hands-on workshop consists of short lectures, exercises, and innovative game-play leading you to a clear understanding of how to leverage DDD, putting it to use on your Agile project. It’s a class that is well balanced for business experts and technical stakeholders alike.
Let me help…
I am available for onsite training, mentoring, consulting and speaking.
- Using vlingo/PLATFORM On AWS FargateI consider myself a refugee from the old JEE architectures. Threading was handled (naively, for the most part) by the container. Requests were synchronous, transactions distributed. The applications were deployed to a private data center, so scaling the ponderous beast was handled by scaling out (nodes to a weblogic cluster) and scaling up (increasing memory […]
- Are You A Techie?Are you a technical person? I am often asked that question. Why? Does the answer matter? I believe most are curious and ask simply to understand how to communicate with me. Or, perhaps the person is trying to figure out which box to tick next to my name. I get that. But, really, aren’t we […]
- Announcing vlingo/PLATFORM Version 1.0.0 General AvailabilityCarefree, AZ USA, January 10, 2020 Today Vlingo announced a major milestone, the release of the vlingo/PLATFORM version 1.0.0 GA. General availability follows the steady increase in numerous essential tools and features in support of simplifying reactive, event-driven, microservices architectures. “Our growing team of advanced developers has focused on the tools that are commonly used […]
- Meet our Trainers – TomaszWe love our handpicked trainers! Here is an opportunity for you to get to know Tomasz Jaskula, our trainer for French and Polish IDDD Workshops. Tomasz Jaskula Tomasz, you’ve known Vaughn for many years. How did you meet? I had the pleasure of meeting Vaughn in person in 2013 during one of the first IDDD […]
- Kalele Releases Developer Support ProgramCarefree, AZ USA, October 7, 2019 Today Kalele released its developer support program for the vlingo/PLATFORM. There is a sliding scale of options that address the specific needs of individual developers and teams. Vaughn Vernon, Founder and Chief Architect of the vlingo/PLATFORM expressioned our vision: “We are deeply aware of and concerned for the need […]
My Current Schedule
What am I working on now?